Android Software Engineer at Tink
System-/ web developer – Stockholm
We’re looking for a software engineer to join our frontend team, focusing on Android. As part of the frontend team, you’ll be responsible for shaping the user experience, working in close collaboration with our design team to define, design, and ship new features.
You’ll most likely have deep knowledge and experience from building apps on the Android platform, have a good understanding of Android design patterns, consuming API endpoints, and preferably have shipped a major app to Google Play.
Ideally, you’re also well versed in multiple platforms, languages and ecosystems, and are happy to move between technologies and functional teams.
- Design and implement new features in our apps on the Android platform.
- Build the libraries and frameworks that supports both our apps and third-parties.
- Collaborate with the product and design teams to create a great user-experience.
- Optimize and quality-assure our apps on the Android platform.
- Develop prototypes quickly.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Software development experience in Java on the Android platform.
- MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong architectural thinking for designing large and complex, yet maintainable applications.
How we work
Tink is an engineering and product company at heart. We look for people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle whatever problem. As an engineer at Tink, you will work in a specific team critical to Tink’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our colleagues to be versatile, enthusiastic and display leadership qualities to tackle new problems across the board as we continue to push our product forward.
Even though we are separated in teams, Tink is still a true start-up and one big team where everyone’s opinion is valued. It’s not uncommon that we all sit together and workshop on the next feature design on a Friday afternoon, and build prototypes and ship beta versions the week after. There is a great degree of freedom within your team and you are solely responsible for what you do and your time. This is a perfect time to join Tink and put yourself in one of these small, growing and creative teams.
How to apply
Please send your résumé along with your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to attach links to your Github account, anything else you feel we should know about.
Tink is the smartest way to make better financial decisions. Launched in 2013, the app lets you connect all your banks and cards, track and manage your money, get personalized advice and cherry-pick the best financial products. All in one place. Tink was founded in 2012 by Daniel Kjellén and Fredrik Hedberg and has 400 000 users in Sweden. The company has 35 employees at its HQ in Stockholm and has raised over 100 million SEK from investors including Creades, Sunstone Ventures, SEB Ventures och ABN AMRO Ventures.