Would you like to join the team behind the world’s brightest microfocus X-ray tube? If you think the combination of customer support contact and deep technical challenges in x-ray sources is attractive, the job as a Customer support manager is right for you!
Excillum (Stockholm, Sweden) is a high-tech company with a unique patented X-ray source technology. We are already very successful in our niche but our goal is to become the preferred high-end supplier to most X-ray applications all over the world. Excillum’s X-ray tubes are premium products that deserve exceptional service.
To strengthen the service offering we are now looking to employ an operative customer support manager. In short, the task of the position is to make sure that our X-ray sources run with maximal up-time (and thereby maximal customer satisfaction) in the field.
About the Job
The role as Customer Support Manager will involve operational hands on activities as well as strategic planning involving a combination of preventive and reactive actions and processes, e.g.:
- Timely preventive maintenance
- Improve quality of manuals and other customer instructions
- Monitoring of health status of systems in field (“Mission Control”)
- Development of service infrastructure (SW and HW) for remote and on-site service
- Develop appropriate procedures for, e.g., in field component swap-out to minimize down-time and optimize service workflow.
- Budget responsibility for the support organization
- Follow up and improve on KPI’s, develop and maintain customer and internal training programs through the product lifecycles.
Although the focus of the position will be to manage our support offering we believe the job must be learned bottom up.
The position formally reports to our Head of Sales and Business development due to the strong commercial and customer-management aspects of support, but will have very strong ties also to our Engineering and Production departments for the equally important technical aspects of support.
What´s in it for you
You will have the opportunity to shape the future for this team as you are responsible for the development and integration of proper process and software support to service, specifically using our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Engineering Resource Planning (ERP) systems. It is also you who will manage (and over time, recruit) the team of support engineers ensuring a technically fit for purpose support department with appropriate response time and availability. The role also includes building trusting and long-lasting customer relations.
We believe that you have
- Educational background in Physics, Electronics, Electro-mechanics or similar (with an actual strong interest in technology preferably also manifested by, e.g., hobbies)
- Driving license
- Excellent social and leadership skills
- Experience organizing service and support operations
- A team-player and hand’s-on customer oriented mentality
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
- Possibility to (at least initially) extensive travel worldwide
- Good knowledge of computers software and networks
It is beneficial if you have
- Experience with X-rays and vacuum equipment
Are you up for a challenge? Then do not hesitate, submit your application and come work with us!
If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Ida Ulvenfalk at email@example.com