At LensWay, we’ve since the start in 2000 helped over a million customers to better vision – and we’re passionate to help even more. Join us on our mission to help the next million! We are right now in an exciting reorganization phase which offers great development potential and a future with opportunities to influence our entire IT-environment’s journey forward.
What you can expect from us
We offer you a key role at LensWay with responsibilities of great importance for the company’s future. You will be able to shape both your role and the way we develop our IT-environment, including future web platforms and data structures. On this journey you can expect to work with a high performing team consisting of competent colleagues.
In this role, your overall mission will be to ensure that LensWay’s data is secure, structured, available and stored in a redundant way. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the data/DB architecture is supporting business needs, including reporting/BI purposes, software development purposes etc. This includes:
- Developing and maintaining the architecture for LensWay’s data and databases.
Administration and maintenance of data and DB’s related to LensWay’s web platform, datamart/datawarehouse and software applications.
Responsible for performance tuning, query optimization/tuning.
- SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints)
- Responsible for detecting and troubleshooting server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention
- Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Managing backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication.
What we’re looking for
- 6+ years’ experience of developing and designing database solutions with a focus on MySQL (or similar SQL-languages if you're willing to learn MySQL).
- Experienced in managing DB’s in Linux environments.
- Experienced in SQL; writing SQL queries, SQL-tuning, query monitoring etc.
- Fluent in oral and written English.
Application and more information
Does this look like something for you? Then submit your application today! Selection and interviews are ongoing.
If you have any questions about the position don’t hesitate to contact Max Eklund at email@example.com